Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harmonica Content, Meta-Content

 I feel that the "L" response was due to the fact that Nick claimed to be going for a World Speed Record and the perception may have been that he was "posing" as a harmonica player, since he didn't seem to offer much substance in his playing. The News interview was to this end. TV News reporters are notoriously lacking in depth of understanding of so many aspects of music/art that it is easy to "pose" in a dialogue with them and claim to be more than one is.

A true test of Nick's character would be if he did accept an invitation to attend a SPAH Convention and could interact on a relaxed level with other performers/attendees. (I suspect that he would not show up out of feeling insecure amidst a lot of players, but I'd love to be proven wrong on this one - who amongst you will be the first to extend to Nick an invitation?).

The Iceman

It seemed to me that most of
the mocking was based on the 10 seconds of harmonica content in the youtube
video and there was no more research done into Nick Shane's playing.