[Harp-L] corner switching question

John sez -  "I just don't seem to have the
coordination to keep them completely blocked when I tongue switch to
play a single hole on the left".

Definition below from answers.com
Coordination.... is one of the main components of physical fitness. It is the ability to perform smooth and accurate movements involving different parts of the body. It requires good awareness of relative limb and body positions, and good integration between the senses and muscles involved in the movement. Ball juggling is regarded as a good way to develop eye to hand coordination.

Not to sound too cavalier about your problem John but it seems to me -(I could be dead WRONG big time) but, you may be experiencing a bad case of "littlepracticitis" I would suggest a daily focused practice regime of at least 20 minutes a day  - ( if you have been playing harp for more then 5 years- then you SHOULD be able to create your own practice exercises?)  Also you [must not] subscribe to the "I should have this technique mastered in such a such amount of time school of thought". But ENJOY the challenge of SLOOOOOOWLY strengthening this new seemingly mysterious technique. Don't count the days, add up the months or fret over the years devoted to COORDINATING this new tool into your harp arsenal. If you NEVER give up - The light bulb will go on and you will have become an {ENLIGHTENED ONE}...Disclaimer, I am a harmonica hacker - use my advise at your own risk of humiliation and failure!!!