[Harp-L] Re: Repro Pro

On Feb 22, 2009, at 7:47 PM, Gary wrote:

The repro pro sounds like crap. I won't even get into anything else.

Great small/medium sized gig amp. John Nehmeth blew through one at a recent performance (actually, last summer), and it sounded GREAT!!! Big full firm tone pumped out by that 15" speaker... I miss my Silvertone 1433...

Since I'm into the tolex sound now, I'm looking at adding a bit of variety to my amp stable. The candidates are the Fender Super (5F4) or Pro (5E5).

Me likes the Pro.

Can't afford an original. Every boutique amp being built nowadays (yes, harp amps too) are repros.

A repro Pro it is... works for me.

Although, as I think about it now, at a Jon Gindick Jam Camp I had the chance to play through one of our student's HarpGear amps, the DoubleTrouble. VERY nice sound. Simple controls. Good looking. Nice package. Nice job, Brian.

Gotta do the Pro, though. Like that big 15" speaker.

Ray.
--
My Music - www.resgraphics.com/music