[Harp-L] Re: Natalie Ann Cummins

Glenn wrote asking who Natalie Ann Cummins was, credited as the creator of
the diatonic harmonica in the 19th century in a submission found in
Wikipedia.

Glenn, good point. A web search seems to return in circles to the singular
mention of her on the Wikipedia page. A quick look at the discussions on
disputed material

on the forum for this particular page shows that to date nobody has
questioned the validity of naming Natalie Ann Cummins as the originator of
the diatonic harmonica.

There have been notations however on the lack of citable proof sources for
the authors content. Remember that Wikipedia is 'open source' and articles
are submitted

and posted, revised, challenged, etc.

This is the first I've heard of Ms. Cummins and without verifiable proof and
documentary material, I'm inclined to question the validity of the author's
material on this claim.

bill otten