Subject: [Harp-L] April 2, 2009: Peter Madcat Ruth Day In Ann Arbor

This is wonderful and well-deserved (and so cool)! Your City of Ann  Arbor is
justly very proud. I'm only wondering about the proclamation's omission  of
YOUR original song being chosen to represent the upcoming Pocket  Full of Soul
documentary...even more reason to feel very proud of your  accomplishments.

You're a class act, Peter. One of the first of the 'brilliant' harmonicists
I met at my first SPAH, which pretty much set the tone <G> of my  continuing
amazing harmonica experiences from then on. Your guest playing  at JR's Annual
Harp Blow-off at SPAH 2008 was more innovative than ever, as was  your in-SPAH
performance with Shari Kane.

When harmonica players...people of your level keep coming back to  SPAH both
to play and impart so generously your hard-learned and  earned harmonica
wisdom, I know we are indeed deeply into the Diamond  Age of SPAH, and I feel quite
privileged to be a part of it in even the smallest  way.

Happy April 2nd Birthday!

Elizabeth

Message: 10
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 08:06:57 -0500
From:  conruth@xxxxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Dear  Friends-

At The Ann Arbor City Council Meeting on March 16, 2009, Mayor  John
Hieftje and the Ann Arbor City Council will make a  "Proclamation"
designating April 2, 2009 (my 60th birthday) as "Peter  Madcat Ruth
Day" in the City of Ann Arbor.

PROCLAMATION  Honoring Peter Madcat Ruth On His 60th Birthday, April
2,  2009

WHEREAS,    Mr. Peter Madcat Ruth, an internationally  acclaimed
harmonica player who has called Ann Arbor home for the past  38 years
will celebrate his 60th birthday on April 2nd, 2009;  and

WHEREAS,    Mr. Ruth is an award winning musician including  a 2005
Grammy Award for his solo work on William Bolcomâs Songs of  Innocence
and of Experience and in 1997 was named âHarmonica Player of  the
Yearâ by The Society for the Preservation and Advancement of  the
Harmonica; and

WHEREAS,    Mr. Ruth has been a  member of a number of esteemed musical
groups including Two  Generations of Brubeck (Dave Brubeck & Sons),
The Darius Brubeck  Ensemble, Chris Brubeckâs Triple Play, The Madcat/
Brubeck Band, Madcat  & Kane, Madcatâs Pressure Cooker, Sky King and
New Heavenly Blue  to name a few; and

WHEREAS,    Mr. Ruth has shared the stage  with renowned artists
including Dave Brubeck, Paul Desmond, Bonnie  Raitt, David Bromberg,
Steve Goodman, Jeff Daniels, Mr. B, George  Bedard, Gemini and The
Chenille Sisters, to name only a few;  and

WHEREAS,    Mr. Ruth has represented Ann Arbor as an  unofficial goodwill
ambassador by performing concerts in Australia,  Austria, Belgium,
Brazil, Canada, the Cayman Islands, England,  Germany, Holland, Japan,
Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, Singapore, Spain  and Taiwan, and in 48
of the 50 states in the Union;  and

WHEREAS,    Mr. Ruth has been an integral part of the  cultural scene of
Ann Arbor for the past 38 years, has encouraged the  career growth of
multiple Ann Arbor musicians and has set a wonderful  example as both
an artist and a human being, we now honor his personal  and community
acheivements with this proclamation.

NOW  THEREFORE, I, John Hieftje, Mayor of Ann Arbor, Michigan, do
hereby  proclaim and honor Peter Madcat Ruth on his 60th Birthday and
declare  April 2nd, 2009 as âPeter Madcat Ruth Dayâ in the City of Ann
Arbor.

John Hieftje, Mayor

Peter Madcat  Ruth
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx