From: Derwood <derwood.blues@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonica Content, Meta-Content
To: "harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, February 20, 2009, 9:43 AM

OK, here I go again. I promise to drop this subject after this rant for at
least one more month. This list is about harmonica stuff. I play harmonica,
you play harmonica. But I get tired of the "harmonica related" items
that
are about how so and so does not respect the harmonica because he plays in a
way that does not please me or acts in a public way that does not please me.
In my opinion this kind of disrespecting does not promote the harmonica. It
is exclusive rather than inclusive. I would suggest that to have a dialogue
that is inclusive we need to do less talking about who is not a
"real"
harmonica player and talk more about harmonica in a humble, respectful way.
Honestly I am currently unwilling to put any recording of myself out there
on this list because I assume I will get more destructive criticism than
constructive criticism. I know I am not alone; I hear from many everytime a
say this stuff. And I know that some of you are thinking that I am,
therefore, not serious about harmonica and/or am not tough enough to face
reality. But I guess I believe that people deserve to be honored and
respected. We need a little less "speaking the truth" and a little
more
"speaking the truth in love".

Or maybe I am trying to be included in the wrong group.

Derwood