[Harp-L] Re: the world's fastest harmonica player

Derwood wrote:

" To keep killing the topic The world's fastest guy is actually in a band
and

makes money playing harmonica. You might not like his music but he might not

like yours either, but he is calling attention to the harmonica. A 30 second

spot on a TV news program with weak interviewing should not be his only

moment for judgment. I bet at least one person saw the clip and thought,

"Harmonica, I bet I could learn to play that." Then they did an internet

search, found harp-l, read the scathing criticism that lasted much longer

than the clip, and left to find somewhere else to learn."

Then again, those same people who searched and found the list and the
scathing

criticism might learn that there are people out there who take the harmonica

as a serious instrument and find said list to be a good place from which to

learn serious information and serious music on harmonica. I put this fellow
and

his Guiness record in the same category as eating 85 hot dogs in 3 minutes.

Sure, it can be done but someone is going to get real sick because of it.

bill otten