Re: [Harp-L] New wind saver valve leather.

I've got a bag of old leather chromatic valves; don't know if there is a wide enough range of sizes to re-valve a whole instrument end-to-end. I'll see if I can dig 'em out. They have little bits of metal on the tips that act as weights. Will report back.
RD

>>> Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx> 17/02/2009 15:20 >>>
I'd say you have an extremely rare instrument. No, it is not made today.

Plastic valves work fine, but if you're looking for historical authenticity with valves, I suggest you look for leather accordion valves in small sizes, as I'm not aware of anyone marketing leather harmonica valves nowadays.

Winslow Yerxa

--- On Mon, 2/16/09, Paul E. Neupert <pneupco@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Paul E. Neupert <pneupco@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] New wind saver valve leather.
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, February 16, 2009, 4:26 PM

I have an old chromatic harmonica made by Regan in Calif. It's in great
shape except for the dried-out, curled valve leathers. Where can I get some new
stuff so I can restore this piece? Is it even made anymore? I don't want to
try to fool around with the plastic/mylar valve material they use today.
Thanks for any help.
Paul N.
Tonawanda, NY