Re: [Harp-L] REASONS NOT TO GO TO SPAH

I pretty much agree with Randy--every harp player ought to go to SPAH.

Imagine that you play guitar. (An awful thought, I know--why not just sell your soul and be done with it?--but imagine anyway.) Now imagine that there's a convention every year where the best guitar players in the world gather for several days--people on the level of Hendrix, Clapton, Stevie Ray, Segovia; people playing guitar in every style imaginable, at the highest level of artistry. Now imagine that not only are these people performing at this show--you can walk right up to them and talk guitar until the wee hours of the morning. There are jams where you can sit next to them while they play, and play yourself. There are workshops where they tell you what they do and how they do it.

Substitute "harmonica" for "guitar" and that's SPAH.

I go whenever I possibly can.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp