Re: [Harp-L] Jensen P12R cone cry - help needed.

Hi Jens-

I am surprised you got ghost notes in a speaker with a ribbed cone, such as
the Jensen reissue P12R.  I'm also surprised many harpers recommended a
speaker I think is quite shrill for harp.

I've also had problems with ghost notes, but only in speakers with a smooth
cone.  Doping did not solve the problem for me, but it may well do the trick
with your P12R.  It may also inhibit some of the icepick tonal tendencies of
the that speaker.

I had to try different speakers until I found one that worked in my
particular amp.  It turned out to be a vintage Mojotone; their version of
the P12R.  I also found that different mics produced different levels of
ghost notes.  Check this:  two bullet mics with substantially similar Shure
CM elements had profoundly different effecs on ghost notes.  One was
terrible and the other was good.

I'd like to hear others' experiences (and solutions) with ghost notes in
amps.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog