From: "Timothy J. Schutte" <kc8hr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: Abraham Lincoln on Playing his Harmonica

> Hi Winslow,
>
> Winslow Yerxa wrote:
> > Except that neither claim has any base in fact.. Others have debunked
the claim that Abe smoked hemp. The harmonica claim is highly unlikely, as
Hohner did not begin exporting harmonicas to the US until after 1868, when
Able Lincoln was four years in the ground. And the claims of letter written
make a nice touch of authenticity, except for the fact that they probably
because they don't exist.