Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Guitars

Hi Tom,
For relatively short money, these are excellent buys. Hohner doesn't sell many in the USA, but they sell tons of them in Europe and that's why they're the single largest instrument manufacturer in the world (during the Hohner crap quality years, their biggest sellers were guitars and a keyboard instrument made famous by Stevie Wonder on his recordings Superstition and Higher Ground called the clavinet). My old guitar player, Troy Gonyea, who later went on to play with Jerry Portnoy, James Harman, Kim Wilson, and the TBirds, bought one after I saw one a week earlier in a used guitar shop that was essentially a knockoff of a 50's Les Paul with P-90's, and just dripped with the sound of early 50's Chicago Blues and Memphis blues players like Willie Johnson, T-Bone, Muddy, etc., and it was $200, and if I had it myself that day, I'd have snatched it up.
Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com
MP3's: http://music.mp3lizard.com/barbequebob/

-- "Tom Halchak" <thalchak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My daughter has recently started taking guitar lessons.  She has a beginner
guitar but would like to upgrade.  This afternoon I stopped by a music store
that buys and sells instruments.  They had a couple of Hohner guitars.  We
all know they make great harmonicas.  What about their guitars?  Anybody
have any experience with them?  The model in question is a HW300G-TWR.

Thanks,

Tom Halchak

Clearwater, FL

Database version: 5.11760