To: "harp-l harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:08 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Basic rack-mounted harp

Since I've been slipping out of lurker mode a bit lately...

Here's my youtube sample (link below).

Nothing fancy, and this old dog won't be learning any new tricks.

It's an off-the-shelf Marine Band, the rack is very simple -- cost $7, 30 yrs ago, and still works.

Reference this clip all you like as an example of:
- the intonation of an off-the-shelf marine band (the guitar is tuned to 440, your guess on the harp)
- rack playing that is relatively clean
- you can get away with an occasional bad note when it's a harp OR
- you can't get away with bad notes, even on harp
- mostly playing the notes that are next to each other
- enough to get by, if you have a day job. I have a day job.

Keep in mind, there really are only two ways to play the harmonica.
You either suck, or you blow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lSRkjSO-0s

wrr

Bill Richards