[Harp-L] Re:Hohner Educators, Polyphonias, Weltmeister (Seydel)

Hello, Lasse.

Thanks to JR "Bulldog" Ross, we have more accurate information on the  Hohner
Educator series. His source was the Deutsches Harmonica Museum, of
Trossingen, Germany.  The DHM told him that the Educators were made in  1939. My dating
of the Educators' vintage was 1930-1940, and it was only a  guess.

The Hohner Polyphonias, #4 Vineta 6-chord harp; #5, #6, #7 were slideless
chromatic harps with 2 octaves range. The #5 and #6 were discontinued sometime
after 1971.

The Polyphonia #8, a 3-deck chord harp, had 36 chords, and was blow only,
with a separate bass note for each chord.It was discontinued sometime after 1940
 (a guess).

The Polyphonia #7 was discontinued sometime after 1983. The Polyphonia #4
Vineta is still made today, renamed the Vineta.

Source for the Polyphonias information: Hohner product catalogs.

The Weltmeister brand harmonicas were made by C.A. Seydel Sohne harmonica
company for the Weltmeister accordion company, from 1993 to about (a guess).
They were not Hohner products.

John Broecker

now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)