RE: [Harp-L] Upon Charlie being elected ...

I think it's pretty clear that no harmonica player has been heard as much by the public as Charlie McCoy, yet he might not get his proper due from many musicians because what he played was so often understated and always so good. Other than Orange Blossom, he is seldom flashy, but he is always perfectly tasteful.
I'm a country guy, played bass for years in a lot of bad weekend country bands. Now that I'm trying to be a harp player, I find that Charlie is the best thing someone like me could ever try to copy. I'm so glad he is finally getting some real recognition.
Steve in Minn.