From: Danny <bassharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; harp talk <harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:45:10 PM
Subject: [HarpTalk] Justice Finally Served

A truly sad story brought to a close.
Our thoughts and sympathy go out to a very dear friend, and a giant in
the music world.
Danny

This from Charlie M:

*My sister Betty called me this morning from the Memphis courthouse.
Quinton Burks accepted life instead of going to trial. He won't be
eligible for parole for 51 years. On the stand they asked him if he
understood that he was getting life instead of death because my mom was
against capital punishment and he said yes. I'm glad my mom got to have
her say. -Charlie*

* *

  Man pleads guilty to killing blues artist Charlie Musselwhite's mother

*By Jody Callahan <http://www.commercialappeal.com/staff/jody-callahan/>
(Contact
<http://www.commercialappeal.com/staff/jody-callahan/contact/>), Memphis
Commercial Appeal
Monday, February 9, 2009 *

*A Memphis man has pleaded guilty to strangling a 93-year-old woman
inside her home, stealing her belongings, then returning to steal her car.*

*Quinton Burkes, 29, pleaded guilty today to first-degree murder,
aggravated robbery and aggravated burglary. He was sentenced to life in
prison for the crimes.*

*Burkes entered Ruth Maxine Musselwhite's home on Manhattan Avenue off
Summer on Dec. 12, 2005. There, he strangled the woman, stole two
televisions, a DVD player, various other items and her checkbook.*

*Memphis police arrested Burkes for the murder after he pawned the
electronics and wrote checks to himself on the checking account. Mrs.
Musselwhite was the mother of renowned blues artist Charlie Musselwhite.

*

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BassHarp

* http://www.bassharp.com/hcats.htm
* http://www.bassharp.com/bh_itin.htm
* http://www.bassharp.com/nwht-magnolia.htm
* http://www.bassharp.com/agt.htm
** Available for Ensemble and/or Session Work **

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)