[Harp-L] RE: Stage Fright

I'm still very new at performing and I still get a little nervous beforehand.  I remember just before my first gig, I told myself a few things that helped a lot.  First, most of the audience aren't musicians, so they're generally not paying as close attention to the music (or being as critical) as we might be.  Also, even though I was a ball of tension, I knew that I would, in time, become accustomed to performing and that tension would ease up (and it has).  I also reminded myself that not only was I there to have fun but that I was fulfilling a dream, and that just getting up there (regardless of how well I did) took more courage than most people have.

Scott