FW: [Harp-L] Stage fright and peformance

My solution to stage fright is adult sized Pampers.  Never a worry when you
are no leak.

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Robert Bonfiglio
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 9:35 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Stage fright and peformance

The best discussion I ever had about stage fright was when Ani
Kavafian, principal violinist with the Lincoln Center Chamber Music
Society,and I were below the stage just about to come out and play a
tricky Bach Double Concerto with the Westchester Philharmonic.

We both agreed that sometimes when you are nervous you play really
well and sometimes you play like crap; and sometimes when you are not
nervous you play really well and sometimes you play like crap.  So
how afraid you are is not an indication of how you will perform.
Then we both said, prepare as best you can, and then go out and say
screw it,  and play the crap out of the piece.

The Bach Double concerto, in C Minor for you snobs, turned out just
fine with the harmonica standing up equally to a 1.5  million dollar
Strad in the hands of one of the finest, but that's beside the point.

The point is, prepare as best you can, and then go out and say screw
it and play the crap out of the piece!!!!!

Harmonically yours,

Roberto Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com