[Harp-L] Re: scary fast harmonica

>There was a player from a band called Blues Traveller who shall go unnamed
>here in order to avoid resurrecting THAT old argument, but I think that
>player was responsible for this speed nonsense. 'Nuff said about that.

There is a local sax player who is an amazing vocalist as well. In my opinion he is a studio quality musician. I really respect his talent. I mentioned to him that I was playing along with an album of that group mentioned above, and he looked at me with just a bit of horror in his eyes. He told me a story of a car trip in someone else's car. The driver put in that mentioned group's CD MP3 compilation of a few albums and it played and played. The sax player said after about three songs he was ready to take a life- his or anyone else's, it didn't matter. I don't remember his exact words, but basically he said that when technical expertise overcomes musicality and feeling that the music suffers.

Soul is more important than precision and speed combined.

         From Randy G.
   Live to Play  -  Play to Live
http://www.myspace.com/RandyGBlues
http://www.myspace.com/PhatBoyzBlue