To: <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 2:34 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] hearing it in your head

I was playing with a jazz band the other night and had the occasion to play Oliver Nelson's "Stolen Moments"

It occured to me that a line from Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" would fit in nicely. The guitar picked up on it and doubled.

Jon Hendricks the great jazz vocalist said it best. The mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it's open.