RE: [Harp-L] Re:Walter Horton Recommendations

adding to what has already been suggested, I would recommend "Big Walter
with Carey Bell."  Not only for WH stellar playing, but also that band
with Eddie Taylor on guitar.  It is the blues.  "Fine Cuts" is another
good record.

JIm.
www.myspace.com/mulegroove

>>> Jim Fitting <jfitting@xxxxxxxxxxx> 2/8/2009 9:33 PM >>>

I recommend " Easy " and Jimmie Rodger's "Walkin' By Myself".
JIM

> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx; bradford.trainham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: conruth@xxxxxxxxx
> Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 20:19:47 -0500
> CC:
> Subject: [Harp-L] Re:Walter Horton Recommendations
>
> Bradford Trainham asked
>
> > Ok...,
> > So I'm studying Walter Horton this month.
> > My immediate problem is that he seems to have so much recorded
> > material
> > available that I don't know which I should study.
> > So could all you Walter Horton devotees suggest what you think is

> > his most
> > significant work?
> > Thanks,
> > Brad Trainham
>

> I highly recommend Chicago The Blues Today, Vol. 3 on Vanguard
Records.