Re: [Harp-L] psychology of STAGE FRIGHT (was PERSONALITY TYPE)

On Feb 9, 2009, at 9:51 AM, IcemanLE@xxxxxxx wrote:

People seem to put the stress on themselves -

Sometimes the stress is from outside sources oh Prince of all frozen liquids. I was humming along quite well when having had a daughter born with abiliary atressia and going through all the surgeries, knocked me down for about 5 years. Then having a son killed by car thief druggies knocked me down again...So now I just sit around waiting for the three legged man's third shoe to drop.

it is out of proportion to how
everyone else might perceive the performance. Self-esteem is at the core.
You really find out that you wrestle with yourself, trying to beat yourself into
submission. If one of the two "yous" wrestling gives up the ghost, there is
no more wrestling match. Learning which "you" to give up is as important as
learning the skill to perform. No wrestling match = "I really don't care
attitude", a healthy approach to performance, as you remove the perceived
judgmental ears that are surrounding you.

That's the way 'I' do it. I really don't give much of a sh** about anything anymore and if I crash and burn, who cares. That's why I have walked up to a person and taken a gun off of them. My attitude? If they shoot me, they're doing me a favor.

Here exists the realm of "There are no
mistakes". It's fun to perform from this perspective. The audience will relax
listening to you, as well.

That's what I want. I want people to listen. relax, and not sweat the small stuff. Life is too short.
sMo-joe