Re: [Harp-L] Country tuning

The valving of 5 Hole Draw reed (so it blow bends like a chromatic is a
seperate issue from country tuning -- because it's much easier accomplished than
filing the reed.

 Phil Duncan (Mel Bay books) talked about valving a diatonic during one of
his SPAH seminars about his then new 1993 Mel Bay "Nashville Country Harmonica"
which is now apparently out of print. He didn't mention a source   for either
technique adding a valve/windsaver or filing the 5 Draw reed down a half-step
in the book.

Haven't heard too much of late about this partial valving of one or two reeds
on a diatonic.
Hope this helps.
Phil