Re: [Harp-L] Country tuning

So how does Charley tell it? According to what he told me, he was playing somewhere and a fellow (he didn't remember the name)
approached him and said "I think I know how you did that....you sharped the 5th draw up a semi tone". When in fact, Charlie had used TWO harps (actually 4 because he modulated up). Charley then said (to paraphrase) something like; "No, but I will do it that way from now on".

Yup, that's how I've heard him tell it. I suppose I'm an anus orifice for finding it a bit odd that your name never came up in thirty some years, but now here you are for the second time in as many years making the claim that the tuning was one you invented and introduced and by proxy got to Charlie.

This has nothing to do with being famous or the like, after all, the guy who showed this tuning to Charlie wasn't famous either, but Charlie always properly credited him. Damn shame we don't know his name because then we could find out from him.

JR Ross