Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica for Dummies

On Feb 6, 2009, at 6:02 PM, Winslow Yerxa wrote:

Thanks for the great review, Richard.

I want everyone to know that space was my only reason for not including a mention of your CD. Late in the editing process we had to make cuts to keep the book within the required length.

Something I always wondered. Why does a publisher get to determine what is in a book and how thick it should be. Just another way 'tha man' controls our lives. No need to answer. Just fodder for thought.

keyser sosa

Originally I had two chapters with lists of artists and CDs. I very much regretted cutting down this information, as I wanted to give people a broad variety of listening. In the end I was forced to pare down the list of CDs to only the all-time "greats" while trying to keep some semblance of stylistic variety and pick CDs that readers had a good chance of finding in major retail outlets.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa