Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Charlie McCoy and the Nashville Number System

Trust Winslow to get to the bottom of it and give us the correct
information. Way to go!

....and speaking of Charlie McCoy....he headlined at the Kansas City,
SPAH...and as far as I know (will stand corrected if anyone who was there can  give
better information), had his own back-up musicians onstage with him. He  gave
a wonderful performance that night...playing Shenandoah (among many other
great songs) for a recently deceased friend of his...leaving not a dry eye  in
the house... given that we'd all just found out about and Pat Missin  had  just
played a moving tribute to his friend, SPAH  President Douglas Tate.

What a SPAH! I had a front-row seat to Charlie McCoy  playing Orange Blossom
Special. Sat about 6 feet away so got to see  everything he did in close up.
Doesn't get much better than that for a new  fan...and he hung out beforehand
and afterwards taking photos with and  signing CD's and autographs for his many
fans and friends in our  harmonica world.

Rumors and innuendoes abound online. Even here. The truth is the only way  to
silence falsehoods, so I especially appreciate Winslow's way of always
seeking to verify the real facts. To that end as well I want to highly recommend
his book: 'Harmonica for Dummies', which I'm about a quarter of the way
through,  as of today. It was one of my Christmas presents and, due to other issues I
 hadn't yet found the time to simply sit down and read it. Now I'm working my
way  through it...although I haven't yet played the audio. That's next on my
list. He  explains everything so well the book works for Newbie harmonica
players as well  as those who already see themselves as accomplished players (from
the many other  comments I've read).  Kudos, Winslow.

Elizabeth

Message: 10