[Harp-L] re:Amp Overkill

I think I'll jump in on the amp overkill. I LOVE my amp, an original Fender Bassman Combo from the late 50's. Four ten inch speakers, kind of big, I keep it in a sturdy travel case with great wheels but, it doesn't really matter. I've heard great little amps and great big ones. I like mine so I don't have to rely on a sound guy to make the sound full, especially in smaller venues, just mic it and I'm off. Monitors aren't needed unless the stage or festival is big.

I confess I still like loud and good tone allows for loud however... this music, most music demands dynamics of volume and tempo and I hear so little dynamics with bands. Medium loud, medium and medium soft; medium fast, medium and medium slow. One can be loud if you also work that quiet side. try it, it's fun.

I found that good tone can be achieved by a good amp regardless of the size. I think my amp is versatile so I use it under most circumstances.

For new players, take your time and try to test your amp in game conditions most familiar to you. Some of these things surprise you.

Enjoy,

Clay

----------
*TÅST Music - Harmonica - Vocals - Live and Studio - Shows and Recordings
http://www.tostmusic.com - http://www.claygoldstein.com
European Contact through A.C.L.C. Management - http://www.aclc.cz/
IndiEclectic Music Distribution: http://indieclectic.com/tost

** TÅST Designs - Graphic Design - Photo Services - Logo/Promotional Services - Web Design
http://www.tostmusic/design

*** Ropes/Challenge Programs - Teamwork, Leadership, Communication and Personal Effectiveness:
Missouri - http://www.leadershipranch.com
Florida International University - http://trac.fiu.edu/
Florida Atlantic University - http://wise.fau.edu/ropes/
Contact me for other options, coast to coast.

Clayton Goldstein
206 Sunrise Ave #3
Lantana, FL  33462
(417)894-4434  / (323)993-6067