[Harp-L] RE: Harp-L: A=440hz/Tommy Morgan

John F. Pottswrites:
> The great Tommy Morgan, quoted in the book by Kim Field, HARMONICAS,
> HARPS, AND HEAVY BREATHERS:
>
> "My instrument of choice is the #270. but I carry them all and play
> them all.  i carry instruments tuned to 440, 442 and 445....I carry
> blues tempered diatonics, too, where you take a C harmonica and tune
> the E and B down and the F up.  I play with and without the tongue
> block.  If I'm playing a blues sound, I'm lipping, but I'm a tongue
> blocker because of my original chromatic training...."

Speaking of the great Tommy Morgan, I've been watching some "Rockford Files"
videos (James Garner, 1970's TV series) courtesy of NetFlix. The soundtrack
is chock full of Tommy Morgan's harp playing, both diatonic and chromatic,
including the famous signature diatonic riff of the opening sequence. I like
the harp music almost as much as the video content and story plots (that
Garner was such a hunk didn't hurt...  ;). Used to be my favorite show in
the day. Tommy reminds me why that was!

Michelle