[Harp-L] Suzuki Promaster reed replacement - hole?

Blunt,

The Suzuki Promasters and Hammonds use the same reedplates. They are nickel plated. You can buy replacement sets for about $20 at Rockin' Ron's Music 4 Less, Coast to Coast Music or as a special order from Harmonicas and Stuff. Suzukis have tighter tolerances than most other OOB harps. The replacement reedplates are identical to the ones on your harp.

I'm puzzled about what you did to ruin a reed on a Promaster in 2 months. I've been playing a set of Hammonds for performance 2-3 nights a week most weeks for the last 2 + years and i haven't had a reed go bad yet. Promasters and Hammonds are EXTREMELY durable harps (I've got a set of Promasters, too). I often rock pretty hard when i play, and these harps hold up extremely well.

Btw, Firebreath reed plates (which are not nickel plated) will also fit Hammonds and Promasters, but I like the stock Hammond/.Promaster reedplates just fine. (I've also got a set of Firebreaths, which I carry as spares.) All Suzuki reeds are spot welded. This is supposed to produce more precise reed alignment which allows for tighter tolerances.

Why use a tactical nuclear weapon to kill a mosquito? Keep your life simple and save up $20 for a set of replacement reedplates. Unless, of course, you enjoy tinkering (I don't).

Good luck!

JP