[Harp-L] Harps - maufacturing quality comparison

I took my vernier caliper through my reed plate pile searching for a reed to replace one in a Suzuki Promaster.

Took a bit of a tangent and measured the slot widths and reed witdths of the Suzuki and one of my other harmonicas.  The difference on the Suzuki was .002 and on the other was .003.  On that point Suzuki's manufacturing technique was hands down better.  The Suzuki overblows nice out of the box, coincidence?

Has anyone with an engineering lab done a comparison study between harp brands on fit tolerances of reeds and slots?   Would be a good selling point for the company on top and an incentive for the others to improve.

Blunt

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/