Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Magic reed gap adjustment

honestly, I can't imagine ANYone not wanting the ability to be able to gap
ALL or most reeds...if there were a way to do it without muss and fuss and
without screwing up or damaging anything inside.

I'd sure want to ...of course I'm talking primarily about chromatics....but
 then I watched Chris Michalek spend an inordinate length of time
re-gapping the  reeds on my own 4 Buddha harps (he'd made for me)..simply because I
need  mine gapped differently from other people due to my TMJ problem.

Something to make that easier (and take up less time) would be great. When
you mentioned a 'magic knob' I visualized a little sliding  one running
along  a slot in the back of the harp...but  then...that would get into 'air
leakiness'. And round and round we go  (again) <G>

Wouldn't you at least have a sure-fire market with most of the  customizers?

Elizabeth

"Message: 6
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:28:50 -0500
From: "James F.  Antaki, PhD" <turbodog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Bill'" <bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,  <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks, Bill, that's precisely what I was  looking for.

If I get enough responses, I'll post the results on harp-l,  in case
anyone's
interested.

And if you're curious why I ask; you may  have already surmised that I'm
developing a modification that makes it easy  to adjust reed gap on the fly.
Just not mass-producable right now on account  of limited number of players
that would use it.  On the other hand, if  there's just a few reeds that are
most important, I'd be able to make them by  hand for the time being.

Most  obliged,

Turbodog