Re: [Harp-L] PLAYLIST: The Blues Room (NZ)

Thank you for the list,
More songs for me to buy.

Abner

On Dec 27, 2009, at 11:32 PM, "Nate (The Blues Room)" <thebluesroom@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Well this is it peoples! It's holiday time (for me at least) so I'm
taking my leave from the Blues Room for a few weeks. I've loaded the
following episodes though to keep you entertained over the break. I'll
be back in 2010 with more Blues for ya, blues you can use ...
literally!! You can download the Blues Room episodes right to your
music device and listen to them on the moon if you like, up to you.

One project I'm working on all ready is my entry into the Music
category for the New Zealand Radio awards, I entered for the first
time in 2008 and was one of the three finalists!!!! Phil Grey (manager
of Community Radio Hamilton) thinks its high time I entered again ...
well, ok, here goes! I'll keep you posted ...

Nate in New Zealand

*****************

The Blues Room#206 Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year - 23 Dec 09

I bring 2009 to a close with another selection of Blues, a few
Christmassy ones and a sterling performance from Christina Aguilera
featuring Dr John to end the episode.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1. Little Jimmy with the Memphis Horns - Happy Christmas Tears
2. Otis Taylor - Walk Right In
3. Muddy Waters - Tiger in Your Tank
4. Buddy Guy talks about Blues in American Society
5. Billy Flynn - Blues Drive
6. Deanna Bogart - OK I'll Play the Blues For You
7. Eric Lindell - Josephine
8.Luther Guitar Junior - Merry Christmas Baby
9. Billy Branch and Sugar Ray Norcia - Route 66
10. Gary Primich - Hardwood Floor
11. Lowell Fulson - Lonesome Christmas
12. Howling Wolf - Can't Stay Here
13. Chuck Berry - Bio
14. Christina Aguilera with Dr. John - Merry Christmas Baby

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ulrnniowy2/THEBLUESROOM_206_MERRY_CHRISTMAS_AND_A_HAPPY_NEW_YEAR_23DEC09.mp3

*****************

The Blues Room #207 Blues with a Feeling: Songs of Little Walter, part
one - 30 Dec 09.

Little Walter, born Marion Walter Jacobs (May 1, 1930 â February 15,
1968), was an American blues harmonica player whose revolutionary
technique has earned him comparisons to Charlie Parker and Jimi
Hendrix for its innovation and impact on succeeding generations. His
virtuosity and musical innovations fundamentally altered many
listeners' expectations of what was possible on blues harmonica.
Little Walter's body of work earned him a spot in The Rock and Roll
Hall of Fame in 2008, making him the only artist ever to be inducted
specifically for his work as a harmonica player.

His legacy has been enormous: he is widely credited by blues
historians as the artist primarily responsible for establishing the
standard vocabulary for modern blues and blues rock harmonica players.
His influence can be heard in varying degrees in virtually every
modern blues harp player who came along in his wake, from blues greats
such as Junior Wells, James Cotton, George "Harmonica" Smith, Carey
Bell, and Big Walter Horton, through modern-day masters Kim Wilson,
Rod Piazza, William Clarke, and Charlie Musselwhite, in addition to
blues-rock crossover artists such as Paul Butterfield and John Popper
of Blues Traveler.
In this episode I feature music from of my favorite artists and bands
that pay tribute to the music of the harmonica genius, Little Walter.
Stay tuned for part two!

1. Dennis Gruenling - Hot Shot
2. Sonny Boy Terry - Business Man
3. King Leo ans the Growling Dogs - It's Too Late Brother [NZ]
4. Bacon Fat - Up the Line
5. James T, Doc Span, and Dirk Dubois - Temperature
6. Paul Ubana Jones - Blues With a Feeling [NZ]
7. Dave Thomas and Wallace Coleman - You Better Watch Yourself
8. Dennis Gruenling with Kim Wilson - As Long As I Have You
9. Junior Wells - Juke
10. The Blues Blazers - I Got To Find My Baby
11. Blue Family - Mellow Down Easy
12. Jimmy Rogers with Carey Bell - Blues All Day Long
13. Billy Branch and Kenny Neal - My Babe
14. Rod Piazza - I Don't Play

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qxvmmdtyncz/THEBLUESROOM_207_BLUES_WITH_A_FEELING_-_SONGS_BY_LITTLE_WALTER_PART_ONE_30DEC09.mp3

*****************

The Blues Room #208 Blues with a Feeling: Songs of Little Walter, Part
2 - 6 Jan 2010

Part two of Little Walter songs .... things get cooking here!

1. Little Arthur Duncan - Can't Stand It No More
2. Dennis Gruenling with Steve Guyger - You're Sweet
3. Wallace Coleman - Everybody Needs Somebody
4. Rod Piazza and the MFBQ - Hate To See You Go / Shake Your Hips
5. Mr Conrad - I'm Your Business Man
6. Little Arthur Duncan - Blues with a Feeling
7. John Hammond - Just Your Fool
8. Dennis Gruenling with Gina Fox - If You Were Mine
9. Dennis Gruenling - One of these Mornings
10. Billy Branch and Kenny Neal - I Just Keep Lovin Her
11. Charlie Musselwhite - Just a Feeling
12. Rod Piazza and the MFBQ - Sad Hours

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mnnoytzzzzz/THEBLUESROOM_208_BLUES_WITH_A_FEELING_-_SONGS_BY_LITTLE_WALTER_PART_TWO_06DEC09.mp3

--
The Blues Room on Community Radio Hamilton, New Zealand
http://www.communityradio.co.nz/index.asp?PageID=2145835508