To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 17:38
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Magic reed gap adjustment.

An easy answer for me... 3 draw. Every harp I have ever owned, I spent as much time setting 3 draw as I did on the rest of the reeds combined.
Steve Webb in Minn.

---- "James F. Antaki" <turbodog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Friends,

If I may impose on you with a hypothetical question...
...Suppose you were able to wave a magic wand (or twist some sort of small
magic knob) on the back of your harmonica that would adjust the gap of any
reed. Which reed would you wish for?
(Remember: a gap that's too small may cause the reed to choke, but would
make it feel tighter, and easier to overblow. Gap too large: makes harp feel
leaky, and causes some bends to blank out.)

Feel free to respond off site if you wish.

Thanks,

Turbodog