Re: [Harp-L] Marlena Shaw, Spice of life - Who's the harp player?

Great investigative work Eric!!!! sounds right to me...yes he played BOTH and was in Chi-town at the time...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Nielsen" <ericbarnak@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eric Nielsen" <ericbarnak@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 3:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Marlena Shaw, Spice of life - Who's the harp player?

"String Fever" by the Soulful Strings
Produced by Richard Evans
(1969 Cadet Records)
Recorded at Ter Mar Studios, Chicago, July 1969

http://rocksavagedj.blogspot.com/search?q=jeff+carp

The above album is from the same studio, same year, same producer, and same
record label as the Marlena Shaw album, "Spice of Life." It lists Jeff Carp
for harmonica. Did he play diatonic? I've heard of his chromatic playing.

Nothing really solid here--in terms of the identity of the "Spice of Life" harpist--but Jeff Carp was certainly in the vicinity. Hope this will help.

Eric