From: "Mick Zaklan" <mzaklan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, December 25, 2009 7:28:10 PM GMT -07:00 Chihuahua / La Paz / Mazatlan
Subject: [Harp-L] harmonicas and underprivileged kids

Nice to see a guy using harmonicas to work with underprivileged kids. As
we've seen, the inexpensiveness of our instrument can be both a blessing and
a curse. In this case, it allows someone access to people who probably
wouldn't be able to afford any other kind of instrument. Kids that don't
have video games, cable TV, and a slew of other stuff competing for their
time.
The first clip takes place in Cuba, a country where the harmonica
has almost been extinct for many years:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-avUD3FlRYo.
The second clip is from Argentina, same harmonica teacher:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux2g_gPTcV8&feature=related.
Happy holidays to all my fellow reed players!

Mick Zaklan