Re: [Harp-L] Butter TV spot

In a message dated 19/12/2009 17:02:16 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
hvyj@xxxxxxx writes:

<<

Amen!  Butterfield knocks me out. No one was playing harp like  that
when PB emerged.  His technique was powerful and HE DIDN"T  PLAY A
HARMONICA LIKE IT WAS A HARMONICA.  He was the first to  approach the
instrument like that. And there is great emotion in his  playing.

Well, in the 1960s there were several excellent harp players in Great
Britain, who were in my opinion, as good as Butter...

Ray Sone  "Downliner Sect"
Keith Relf   "Yardbirds"
Paul Jones "Manfred Mann"

All quite different in style.