[Harp-L] Fwd: Eurythmics Missionary Man harp effects question

Begin forwarded message:

From: "John F. Potts" <hvyj@xxxxxxx>
Date: December 22, 2009 9:52:20 PM GMT-05:00
To: captron100@xxxxxxx
Subject: Eurythmics Missionary Man harp effects question

What was Eurythmics' harp player Jimmy Z's full name, what else has he done, and what is he doing now?

I think Jimmy Zavala is in Etta James touring band. There's some YouTube vids of him performing on tour with Tom Petty. Also with Rod Stewart and, of course, the Eurythmics. Great stuff. Terrific harp player. terrific sax player. great stage presence. Terrific musician. Check out his Ztribe website.

Someone emailed me off list and said his harp mic is actually a Shure 515 Unidyne.

JP