re: [Harp-L] U-block

Andre':   You can hear me play with my bluegrass band on our website's
homepage at http://manchacaallstars.tripod.com.  My break is in the latter
part of the tune and I am singing harmony on the chorus.

I have a moderate discography for harmonica, but no full harmonica albums.
As a multi-insturmentalist and harmony singer, I end up contributing
different things on different tunes for different groups.  On the Manchaca
AllStar CD "First Attempt", I play harmonica on only three tunes and upright
bass on everything else.  You may be able to hear more of me on K. R. Wood's
"Crockett Chronicles" (www.texanarecords.com), where I laid quite a few
tracks with a fiddler in a rough jam situation.  I can also be found on
other albums by K. R. Wood, Jim Stricklan (www.frontroommusic.com), the
Ledbetters, Lawrence Baer, and Lissa Hattersley.

I also have some clips and tab/exercises at my website at
http://harmonica2.tripod.com, if you are interested.  Most of them are
simple recordings, but they suffice for those who want to hear those tunes
or riffs.

I play primarily using a U-block and have since I first started as a kid.
While I have learned other embouchures, I still prefer it for my needs.
Over the years online, I have met other U-block players, though they are few
and far in-between.  Some years ago, a U-blocker in France told me that
their was a list of some sort specifically for U-blockers, but I don't know
if it still exists.

Cara