Re: [Harp-L] Re: Butter TV spot

One aspect of Butter's fills that always got me was the way he could sound off an overtone when attacking a note. This effect actually made you think he was playing it an ocatve higher. I'd say having this facility could be part of the reason he never worked much above hole 6 as some have mentioned. If you have The East West LP or CD check an example on the ride out fade on 'All these Blues'

...it's a lick where he jumps up to hole 6 but he get a Harmonic or overtone which sounds more like he's playing it on the the 9 blow instead of the 6 blow....it's pretty cool and totally unique to his sound.

There are other examples of this on his recordings as well.....Man I could do a whole college semester on this guy ...Butter 101!,-)

Rob P