Re: [Harp-L] Re: Butter TV spot

Nice to hear from Tom Ellis! And also my old student Deak Harp...a wonderful
player welcome to Harp-L Deak.....glad you are staying BZ!

To hear the Voice Like Quality Tom Ellis has spoke of give a listen to naked
Butterfield sans amp, sans handheld mic, The Live CD "Driftin Blues".

IMO, Rice Miller and Sonny Terry were the only two others that had a Human
Voice and Harmonica Voice SO unique. This is the true test, today too many
harp players today hide behind a special mic or some designer amp and claim
to have found the 'Holy Grail' of Tone. Little do they know that the Tone is
NOT contingent on that gear. 'Listen' to your sound the gear is merely to
amplify that to be heard it's that simple. Save your dough. If you can
develop a full and natural UN amplified tone your amplified harp will sound
great with any decent mic & amp. Spend it on Music Lessons.

I do agree w/ many of the others here...that 'Better Days' IS my 'Desert
Island' Choice if I could only take one PB record.

All the Best,
Rob Paparozzi