[Harp-L] Re: Butter TV spot

Tom,

Regards your quote below... A lot of harp players have said or had it said
about them that the harp mimics a human voice in terms of expressiveness and
communication of emotion. It's a pretty bold and I would think controversial
statement to say that you haven't heard ANY harp player since Butterfield
"communicate true feeling with his playing". You can't possibly mean that in
a truly objective sense?

I'm enjoying this analysis of Butterfield, and in that context I am asking
this seriously.

Drew

It's that pitch range of an alto that just grabs your senses and has a