[Harp-L] Harp in general

well in my HO the styles of all the great harmonica players is important... Me im a traditional harmonica player ...I worked as a driver for James Cotton , and saw atleast 300 JC shows ...And the advice Cotton told me was that ... in his words " Deak i will show you anything you want to learn on the harmonica but you wont get anywere playing the same licks as me " .. You have to be yurself .....William Clarke told me note for noters are a dime a dozen .....You need to be yurself .....I was also finaly encuraged by WC to get out there and start my own band ....I been out there doing it ever since ....In the early days i took some lessons from Rob Paparozzi ...And i can say I leaped ove the wall after them sessions ....i think it was First Pos i was wanting to learn ....If anyone knows Butter Rob does ... and Rob in my eyes is one of the greatest .... I play like Myself in the vein of the greats ...in the old chicago sound ....I get along with all the harp players in this world ... Cus we are all in here together To Keep The Harmonica Alive .....I dont claim to be a Great Harmonica player and im only as good as the last show i did ....I love the way everyone plays .. as long as i cant predict what they are going to to next ....Nothing worse that hearing Juke note for note ... I aint got time to learn someone elses feelings on the harp ........and that is what we do ... Let out our feelings on our Whistle .........Jason ricci saw me in Memphis playing in the street across from the New Daisy Theatre ... While the Delta Groov Review  was going on in the New Daisy and he just came off stage ....and i was playing my one man band with my Kick Drum and Snair setup ..On Beal .. and he sat there for a half hour wacthing my show ....Put a 10 Dollar bill in my tip jar during this ...And when i was done he aproached me and said ..Deak i would rather sit out here and listen to you ..then be in there playing I love yur style and tone .........Here is a guy that in my eyes can run circles around me ... But he still likes my Style .....on Harp .... That is what im talking about ..............We are all here in diffrelt styles play what we love the most ......There aint no better or worse styles we are all here together To keep the Harmonica Alive ........Once we become Pro's ther should be no Ego's ....Just good Harpin .........Lately I been touring with The Kilborn Alley Blues Band .... and i just love it ...Chicago Blues at its finest ...And some good old Soul .......but i get to strecth out and not worrie about remembering the words and just play Harp ........We just got back from London ...and alot of dates in the US all over .....I never play the same Lick the same the next night ...always playing on the fly ....whatever comes out of my Whistle is the way i feel ........I just love the Harmonica and i hope i Die Playing it just not in the near future .........Thanks for all the Greats that helpet me along the path ............Deak Harp