Re: [Harp-L] this Estrin cat

On Dec 19, 2009, at 10:48 PM, Frank franze wrote:

The first time I seen jason ricci live , I don't know 4,5,6, years ago I can't remember...anyway I do remember tellin my buddy sam that for my money rick estrin is a BADDER gunslinger...in other words>>>IN MY OPINION----If those two took 10 paces turned and shot, Rick would be the ONE left standing!!!

Actually I was talking about Estrin's slower Delta type stuff. Sounds so very authentic. But for choices of notes, I would give it to Jason.
I'm not as thrilled with the California sub flavor of Chicago sound. I much prefer the soulful-no flash bang grenade-delta-tone blues. :)
Unfortunately the west coasties all sound similar to me. Mind boggling, to be sure, but similar.

smo-joe