[Harp-L] Re: Butterfield

When "Fathers and Sons" was released, I immediately bought a copy because I was already a Muddy Waters fan. I had no preconceived expectations of what the harp would or should sound like. I listened to it from start to finish,over and over and over. I was completely mesmerized by the way the harp work took on a life of its own. I still cue it up on a regular basis and it still reaches me. I think it forever changed the way I think of harmonica, blues, and music in general. For me, at least, that album epitomizes what Butter's style was really all about. Give it a listen. (Your mileage may vary.)