[Harp-L] Butterfield

   I don't disagree necessarily with the previous emailers.  I understand
Paul's historical importance.  I saw him work live twice.  I've owned at
least seven of his albums and listened to two or three others.  But let me
say that I just got tired of being burned by the guy.  The albums had less
and less blues content.  His solos started to sound interchangeable to me.
The same figures kept reappearing over and over again.  Like he was trying
to beat you over the head with them.  Most of his later stuff wound up in
the cut-out bins almost immediately.  I can't tell you how horrible some of
this stuff was.  I mean, hideous.  I have no problem telling you that, from
that era, Magic Dick was always a more interesting and inventive player to
me.  And Charlie Musselwhite.

Mick Zaklan