Re: [Harp-L] Butter TV spot

Last summer i was playing the East/West album for a friend of mine. She could not believe it when i told her it had been recorded in 1966. She thought it had to be a contemporary release. (Remember, in 1966 the Beatles were still singing "She Loves You Yeah Yeah.") Timeless originality and so far ahead of its time. And if anyone doesn't think PB was an authentic blues player, listen to him playing with Muddy Waters on The Muddy Waters Woodstock Album (the last recording released by Chess records) or on The Last Waltz DVD.

East/West and Miles Davis' Kind of Blue are at the top of my list of albums to take with me if i ever get caught in a time warp.

JP