[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 76, Issue 53

You had me until you said Coors Lite was "beer" . . .

--- On Fri, 12/18/09, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx <harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Re: [Harp-L] Tift Merritt plays harp
        	Friday, December 18, 2009 9:49 AM

            From:
            "Derwood" <derwood.blues@xxxxxxxxx>

        	To:
        	"Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
                I am going to throw myself way out there on this one. I think we are having
a bit of genre snobbery. "Folk Harp" is a bit sloppy with "chords" rather
than single notes. I like it in the folk/singer songwriter context. It is
what it is and it is harmonica playing. (Dare I say it) Bob Dylan is a
harmonica player. He is a folk harp player.

I am a beer snob. I like malt more than I like hops. I like beer flavor more
than water flavor (Coors Lite). But I would not claim that Magic Hat Number
9 is not beer and would grudgingly admit that Coors Lite is also in the beer
family. Long live Kalamazoo Stout!!!!

I call for an end to the exclusion of Folk Harpists!

Ecumenically,

Derwood