[Harp-L] Silvertone 1482 speaker

Scott,

The rattle may not be the stock Fisher speaker (see below), but you should
replace it for better tone and efficiency.  I agree with Splash' advice on
the Weber.   Multiple boutique harp amp builders who have good ear for harp
tone also seem to be liking Eminence Legend series so might be worth a
listen.  Check speaker depth dimensions though as there is not a lot of
clearance iin back: I ended up dropping a Celestion Vintage 30 in my 1482
with a huge magnet, for which I had to do a cutout of the back panel to
accommodate: but I now use mine for guitar and it's a screamin'
mini-Marshall with the Celestion!

You should remove the baffleboard, which is made of flimsy/rattly 3/32
particleboard and replace it with a heavier baffle board cut to fit, then
snug it up tightly to prevent rattles, also slide out the electrical chassis
and add a strip of either foam or electrical tape along both side edges
(where it encounters the cabinet on one side and the baffle on the other
side, which was a big source of rattle on mine.  Email for more advice: I've
done lots of mods on several of these in the past.

Zig