From: michael rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] U-block
To: "André Daneau" <harmonicaman999@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 12:36 PM

The most famous mostly U blocker is Norton Buffalo, who recently
passed away so the recent archives will tell where to find his music.
Other notable U Blockers are Colorodian past presiodent of SPAH Paul
Davies, who plays melodically with lots of chugging, Austinite Cara
Cooke, who plays very complex and pretty sounding single note
bluegrass melodies.  I do not believe either of them has recorded an
album.

I U block for holes 7 thru 10 as my main embouchure although I also
pucker and tongue block up there.  The same goes for my chromatic
playing.  U blocking is the sound I prefer, I can play all three.  I
prefer puckering and tongue blocking on holes 1 thru 6 on a diatonic.
If you go to my websiteare plenty of examples of both.  You can order
my CD thru my website.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com