Re: [Harp-L] Traveling with instruments

George Brooks wrote:
<I once had an experience like Bill's where
<the woman to whose table I was directed had me open my harp case and
<then, with astonishing quickness for a person of advanced middle age,
<plucked a Filisko from its slot, jammed it in her mouth, and honked on
<it tunelessly for a good thirty seconds.  Then returned it to its slot
<and grinned up at me, clearly immensely pleased with herself.  I
<smiled back weakly....

If I was traveling with Filiskos, I'd make sure they were on my person too.

Regarding the episode described above, my guess is that in these days of H1N1, fewer security personnel in the USA or elsewhere are likely to pick up something that's been in someone else's mouth and jam it in theirs.

But there are always exceptions.

Thanks, RH

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter